Monday, April 19, 2010

Kick back, relax, find your inner calm


This blogging thing is new to me today, and I don't have a lot of time right now, but stay tuned for lots of information and photos about Norfolk Island, massage, relaxation and organic body therapies.
Norfolk Island is a natural haven for people seeking an escape from busy lifestyles. Just check out the guy in the photo, he's pretty relaxed right now! I first came to Norfolk Island on holiday in 1984 at the ripe old age of 18. I came for 2 weeks, extended to 6 weeks because I loved it. What did I love? I loved the stunning beauty of the place first. Flying in over a really green vista, huge pine trees and grassy green slopes, white sandy beaches and rocky coastlines surrounded by crystal clear waters of the pacific ocean.
I was pretty active back then, selflocomotion was the best form of transport. It's slower than a car and you get to see more. Lots more, in fact you don't miss a thing. I guess that's why 2 weeks wasn't long enough. 6 weeks wasn't enough either. I ended up coming twice a year for 8 years, deferred Uni for a year and stayed in 1986, then moved here in 1992 and its been my home ever since. So what has any of this got to do with photography, relaxation, massage and organic body therapies you might ask? Well, these are the things I do now, 25 years on from my first introduction to Norfolk Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment